This course is designed to provide participants a clear explanation of the concept of “reasonable suspicion.” It uses real-life scenarios that supervisors could face, including “refusal to submit to a drug and alcohol test.” Information is included on physical behavior, speech and performance indicators of probable alcohol misuse or drug abuse, as required by 49 CFR 382.603. Materials will be provided to facilitate completing the course.
Materials will be provided to facilitate completing the course.
Successful completion is achieved with a passing score of 80% or better on a written exam.
Successful participants receive a certification stating that the training meets the requirements of 49 CFR 172, Subpart H.
Who should Attend?
Individuals who supervise, oversee, and manage motor carrier operations.
FMCSR for Managers and Supervisors
Equivalencies must be approved by the Atkins Training Manager.
• Explains the Concept of Reasonable Suspicion
• Helps Satisfy 49 CFR 382.603
• Trains Supervisors to Help Keep Impaired Drivers Off the Road
• Uses Dramatic Vignettes to Illustrate Different Scenarios With Which Supervisors May be Faced
• Reviews the Appropriate Supervisor Actions in Those Situations